Grafton is a village in Lorain County, Ohio, United States, along the East Branch of the Black River. The population was 6,636 at the 2010 census. The Lorain Correctional Institution and several other prisons are located in and near Grafton.
Grafton was platted in 1846 when the railroad was extended to that point. The village's name may be a transfer from Grafton, Massachusetts.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the village has a total area of 4.74 square miles (12.28km2), of which 4.71 square miles (12.20km2) is land and 0.03 square miles (0.08km2) is water.
As of the census of 2010, there were 6,636 people, 965 households, and 726 families residing in the village. The population density was 1,408.9 inhabitants per square mile (544.0/km2). There were 1,008 housing units at an average density of 214.0 per square mile (82.6/km2). The racial makeup of the village was 65.0% White, 32.7% African American, 0.2% Native American, 0.3% Asian, 1.2% from other races, and 0.7% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 2.3% of the population.
Learn more about Grafton, OH